Resume Download: Owen Ravelo - Resume.pdf
Game Programmer | Game Designer
Columbia College Chicago – Chicago, IL | May 2022
Bachelor of Arts in Video Game Development
Minor in Programming
Strange Cargo (Sep 2021 – Present) | Scrum Master, Lead Programmer, Game Design
- Practiced delegating tasks between team members and encouraged their growth as programmers.
- Researched and developed several systems to solve difficult tasks for the project.
Unity Dialogue System (Aug 2021 – Oct 2021) | Programmer
- Taught myself Unity's Graph View API and applied what I learned to create an intuitive UI interface to navigate a dialogue tree.
- Applied my knowledge of Abstraction and OOP to create computer generated classes that can be called from the dialogue tree during runtime.
- Practiced creating and maintaining documentation of how my system works so others will have an easier time using it.
Welcome, Get Out! (Feb 2021 – May 2021) | Scrum Master, Lead Programmer, Game Designer
- Learned how to delegate tasks outside of my knowledge of expertise to other teammates.
- Practiced organizing ideas and data so I and my teammates could find and use those ideas easily in the future.
- Began to learn how to port to multiple platforms such as WebGL, Android, Windows, and Mac.
Nature of Code Unity Remix (Apr 2020 – Jul 2020) | Contributing Programmer
- Learned how to work with other programmers and how to review each others code.
McDonald's - Aurora, IL (Jun 2021 – Aug 2021) | Crew Member
- Learned how to talk to customers and understand what they want/need.
- Practiced communicating to team members and keeping others organized.
- I got to train new recruits and helped them learn what I learned.